• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Solved Where did the SMB/CIFS mounts go?

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
Connected machine to NAS shares ... but where to find them in the command line?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but it's still morning ...

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
I'm still baffled about this. Last time I have been in touch with SMB shares was late 90's and back then these things were mounted the old-school way ...

FlipChip

Mar 7, 2019
SMB shares can usually be accessed with the path smb://<IP>
Yes. In Gnome-Shell I do have all showing ... what I was asking as the absolute path that one can access those shared folders in command line.

But for someone who might want be in the same situation here it is:

/run/user/*UID*/gvfs/

There those share live and *UID* is users UID.

EDIT: Since I'm not so good with some of these GUI thingies, I noticed there is a very simple way to get to the right directory in command line ... It's called "right click" -> "Open in Terminal"

Old fck learns new things still ...

Last edited:

Nepherim

Oct 28, 2019
So you don't follow the thread or you are too fast to read proper. All is good and solved and the solution is in my post. You don't need to add anything. Especially when you don't even know ... Thank you very much.
How can you possibly expect help when this is the response you provide to those who do try to help?

Reactions: FluVirus

SteveM

Aug 24, 2019
Beaverton, OR
If these are shares that you access a lot you can mount them via /etc/fstab. I've configured my NAS to share SMB and NFS and I find that as long as the UIDs between the two systems match, mounting the shares as NFS in /etc/fstab is very easy and works well.

Good to know how to get to an smb share from the terminal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinity