• Pop!_Planet is still very much under development. Data for the wiki is being sourced from the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis, along with a bunch of completely unique content specific to Pop!_OS, and sourcing, converting and updating that content takes time; please be patient. If you can't find what you're looking for here, check the Arch Linux and Ubuntu wikis.
  • Welcome!

I'll get straight to the point.

When I started Pop!_Planet, I launched it because I saw a need for a centralized community for Pop!_OS. To be frank, I never expected the level of popularity it has achieved. Over the last year, we have gone from under 50 users, to almost 400 users. That's awesome! However... it also comes with a downside. We are rapidly running out of disk space on our server, and the bandwidth costs go up every month.

Pop!_Planet is not affiliated with System76 in any way, and is funded completely out of pocket. From day one, I said that I'd never use on-site ads (I hate them as much as you do), so the only monetization we get is through donations. Right now, the donations we receive don't even cover our overhead.

I know that most users will ignore this message, and that's ok. However, if even a few of our users are willing and able to donate a few dollars to help offset our expenses, it would be greatly appreciated.

Support Pop!_Planet

Thank you for your time,

Dan Griffiths
    Pop!_Planet Founder

Wifi

Rellik

Aug 3, 2020
I just installed popos onto an acer aspire 5 computer and it doesn't register that I have wifi capabilities even tho with windows I could connect to the wifi just fine. What is going on and how do I fix it?

derpOmattic

Pop!_Muse
Trusted User
Founding Member
Nov 23, 2018
www.patreon.com
There's still a lot of manufacturers that straight up don't support Linux. They intentionally focus their build for Windows and have no intention of helping the Linux community. In this instance, some of the more advance Linux programmers might make an open-source version of the necessary driver. If it works well, it will eventually make it's way into the Linux kernel. So, there are the rare occasions when your device will just never work, in which case, you may have to resort to an external device.

The first step to troubleshooting WiFi on pop is, to look at the official documentation on troubleshooting WiFi.

You may benefit from using either a newer or older kernel, depending on your hardware. Try the troubleshooting guide first and we'll go from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calebgucciardi